How do you partner with your franchise owners?
March 15, 2013
I hear the cliche that we “treat our franchisees like partners” quite often. What do you look for in a franchise partner relationship? Are you looking for a partner that is truly vested in the same business as you are looking to invest in, and continues to own, operate and develop new businesses while franchising to others? Are you looking for a company that invests heavily to provide deep resources in the areas of purchasing, training, operations support, and marketing versus just franchise development and sales? What is the experience and quality level of the senior management team and support personnel you will be depending upon to build your business? Are their existing owners and operators expanding, and growing their revenues and opening new businesses?
These are just some of what I think are the most important questions to ask of any organization before you join them. The proof is always in the pudding as they say in the restaurant business. When you see highly experienced, knowledgeable, successful franchisees, entrepreneurs and business people joining a growing brand, that’s a good sign. When you see current franchisees growing their revenues and aggressively expanding beyond their first operation that’s a great sign. Talk to the current owners and get their feedback, and of course see what the industry itself has to say about that brand. We were just awarded one of the top awards in our industry based on the votes of our owners, and we want to thank our franchise partners for all of their hard work, dedication and commitment to building a great brand!
Thanks to the success of our restaurants, we at Hurricane Grill & Wings are experiencing phenomenal demand for our franchises nationwide, and the growth of our brand and our business is matching that demand on a daily basis.
Hurricane Grill & Wings® whose trademark is “Live with Flavor®” is known for its uniquely savory chicken wings, offered with a choice of more than 32 signature sauces and flavors. Menu items are cooked fresh to order with high quality ingredients and zero trans fats. Other menu options range from salads to Certified Angus Burgers and delicious seafood along with a full bar and line-up of craft beers and wine. Here are some of our national accolades:
· Franchise Business Reviews Top Franchisee Satisfaction Award 2013
· Restaurant Management Magazine “Top Ten Franchise Deals for 2012”
· Future 50 Award Restaurant Business Magazine 2011 and 2012
· Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Franchisees for 2011 and 2012
· 2009 Chairman’s Award winner and 2007, 2009, 2011 Festival Favorite
· Winner at the National Buffalo Wing Festival Contest in Buffalo, New York
· #21 on the Franchise Time Magazine’s Fast 55 Growth Franchises for 2010
· Franchise Update Magazine’s STAR Award winner for 2010
· USA Today 10 Great Places for wings
· Restaurant Business Magazine’s “Top Twenty Fastest Growing Concepts” 2009 & 2010
The original Hurricane Grill & Wings opened in Fort Pierce, Fla., in 1995. There are over 50 locations in eleven states, including Arizona, Indiana, Florida, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Minnesota, Maryland, Alabama, Texas and Pennsylvania, with additional restaurants planned nationwide. “The national growth rate Hurricane Grill & Wings has experienced is remarkable,” said Martin O’Dowd, president of Hurricane Grill & Wings. We have set a strategic pace for the brand’s growth and together with our stellar business model; Hurricane Grill & Wings has been able to increase our average unit volumes to over $1.5 million and an unmatched 3:1 sales to investment ratio.” Much of our success is based on the strength of our concept and our business model:
· 3:1 Sales to Investment Ratio – one of the very the best in industry today
· Positive Comp Sales for the past 4 years – up over 8% in 2012
· Enterprise growth rate at 35%+ year after year – now opening 2 -3 restaurants per month nationwide
· Minimal start up with an average of $500K – $600K per store
· Announcement of $10 MM in financing for new and existing franchisees
· 32+ award-winning sauces and rubs with signature chicken, steak, fish, salads and sides made with authentic, all-natural ingredients, also featuring craft beer, wine and full liquor bar
Currently, our family-friendly, island-inspired restaurant has over 50 locations in eleven states and growing nationally. New commitments will open restaurants in 7 new markets including Denver, Colorado, Houston, Dallas, North & South Dakota and Georgia along with additional units throughout Texas, Minnesota, North Dakota, south/ central & northern Florida, and the Greater New York area. Hurricane Grill & Wings now has a total of over 140 commitments nationwide!
Join Hurricane Grill & Wings Webinar Invitation
Franchise Information Webinars
Please contact us directly to schedule a personal franchise information webinar or register on the link below to join us for one of our bi-monthly group webinars on either Tuesday, March 12th, or Monday, March 25th@ 6:00 p.m. EST/ 3:00 p.m. PST
Join Hurricane Grill & Wings for a live webinar to learn more on how you can catch the wave by becoming part of one of the fastest growing franchises in the Casual Dining industry.