What are the most important milestones in the growth of an emerging Brand?
February 27, 2013
As we begin to celebrate the opening of our 50th Hurricane Grill & Wings restaurant, located in Minnetonka, MN, I can’t help but think about the many milestones I have been involved with over the years. I became involved with Quiznos Subs when there were just 18 restaurants and open only in Denver, CO, and left when we hit the 5,000 store mark in 28 countries. I worked with Clockwork Home Services one of the largest multi-brand franchise companies with revenues in excess of $2 billion when one of our brands became the #1 fastest growing franchise in the industry. I recently worked with Bridge International Academies as COO over in Africa where Bridge is now operating over 125 schools serving over 50,000 kids. These are just a few of the milestones I have enjoyed being a part of as my professional career spans back over 35 years and includes the early years with Norman Brinker and many other great leaders and mentors along the way. I have also owned and operated numerous companies in a variety of industries as an entrepreneur and felt the exhilaration of establishing and building up new business ventures and partnerships. Each of these ventures and experiences included significant milestones that I will always remember as what is commonly referred to as a point of inflection for the company. It’s the point in which everything changes for you as a brand, and people really begin to take notice of what you are doing. It’s sometimes also the point at which you seem to have become an “over night success” to people on the outside. I would love to hear some of your stories and the inside scoop of your experiences involving your milestone events!
We at Hurricane grill & Wings appreciate your interest in owning our great brand! Thanks to the success of our restaurants, we at Hurricane Grill & Wings are experiencing phenomenal demand for our franchises nationwide, and the growth of our brand and our business is matching that demand on a daily basis.
Hurricane Grill & Wings® whose trademark is “Live with Flavor®” is known for its uniquely savory chicken wings, offered with a choice of more than 32 signature sauces and flavors. Menu items are cooked fresh to order with high quality ingredients and zero trans fats. Other menu options range from salads to Certified Angus Burgers and delicious seafood along with a full bar and line-up of craft beers and wine. Here are some of our national accolades:
· Franchise Business Reviews Top Franchisee Satisfaction Award 2013
· Restaurant Management Magazine “Top Ten Franchise Deals for 2012”
· Future 50 Award Restaurant Business Magazine 2011 and 2012
· Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Franchisees for 2011 and 2012
· 2009 Chairman’s Award winner and 2007, 2009, 2011 Festival Favorite
· Winner at the National Buffalo Wing Festival Contest in Buffalo, New York
· #21 on the Franchise Time Magazine’s Fast 55 Growth Franchises for 2010
· Franchise Update Magazine’s STAR Award winner for 2010
· USA Today 10 Great Places for wings
· Restaurant Business Magazine’s “Top Twenty Fastest Growing Concepts” 2009 & 2010
The original Hurricane Grill & Wings opened in Fort Pierce, Fla., in 1995. There are over 50 locations, including Arizona, Indiana, Florida, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Minnesota, Maryland, Texas and Pennsylvania, with additional restaurants planned nationwide. “The national growth rate Hurricane Grill & Wings has experienced is remarkable,” said Martin O’Dowd, president of Hurricane Grill & Wings. We have set a strategic pace for the brand’s growth and together with our stellar business model; Hurricane Grill & Wings has been able to increase our average unit volumes to over $1.5 million and an unmatched 3:1 sales to investment ratio.” Much of our success is based on the strength of our concept and our business model:
· 3:1 Sales to Investment Ratio – one of the very the best in industry today
· Positive Comp Sales for the past 4 years – up over 8% in 2012
· Minimal start up with an average of $500K – $600K per store
· Announcement of $10 MM in financing for new and existing franchisees
· 32+ award-winning sauces and rubs with signature chicken, steak, fish, salads and sides made with authentic, all-natural ingredients, also featuring craft beer, wine and full liquor bar
Currently, our family-friendly, island-inspired restaurant has over 50 locations in ten states and growing nationally. New commitments will open restaurants in 7 new markets including Denver, Colorado, Houston, Dallas, North & South Dakota, Alabama and Georgia along with additional units throughout Texas, Minnesota, south, central & northern Florida, and the Greater New York area. Hurricane Grill & Wings now has a total of over 140 commitments nationwide!
Join Hurricane Grill & Wings Webinar Invitation
Franchise Information Webinars either Tuesday, March 12th,
or Monday, March 25th @ 6:00 p.m. EST/ 3:00 p.m. PST
Join Hurricane Grill & Wings for a live webinar to learn more on how you can catch the wave by becoming part of one of the fastest growing franchises in the Casual Dining industry.